As winter drags on, and on….. and on some more, we’re all dreaming of the big melt. On the upside, the light is changing, the snowbanks are slowly shrinking, and I could swear I saw a brave little blade of grass the other day.
To celebrate these sure signs of better times to come, here’s my rundown of seven things to do while we wait for spring!
1. Get a haircut. Or just a blowdry. It's the best money you can spend for a quick pick-me-up (bonus: tag a date night onto your awesome new 'do)
2. Buy yourself flowers.
3. Challenge yourself with a new workout goal. Take up something entirely new, or push yourself to the next level of what you’re already doing: running a 5k, a power walk a day, 30 days of yoga, biking, ballet, boxing – whatever floats your boat. The endorphins will get you through the final stretch – and just imagine how great you’ll look when spring finally does arrive!
4. Go to the movies. The bigger the screen, the bigger the popcorn, the better.
5. Take a cooking class. Most cities have tons of great options; go with a friend or by yourself and learn a few new dishes.
6. Go dancing. You won’t care that it’s freezing out when you’re rocking out to some good music.
7. Plan some spring and summer travel. The perfect antidote to the winter cocoon is dreaming up all the awesome things you’ll do once the nice weather arrives!